Friday, June 11, 2010

Tea Slicer





Today a customer came in and ordered a loaf of our honey wheat bread. As per Panera standard I asked her if she'd like her bread sliced thick or thin, she said she'd like it thin...very thin, I explained to her that we only had two bread slicers and that the blades were not adjustable. She looked sad...

She told me our thin slice was too thick because she would be using the bread to make "tea sandwiches". If you don't know what a tea sandwich is, don't despair, neither do I, but apparently the recipe calls for paper thin slices of bread. Since she seemed so disappointed I told her I could try to slice the bread by hand. I'm not going to lie, my first few slices didn't look very promising, but the lady pleaded with me not to give up and about a quarter way thru the loaf I was a tea sandwich bread slicing pro.

I felt quite accomplished and proud as I presented my super thin sliced loaf to the customer. She looked thrilled... In fact, she said I did such a great job that she wanted 4 more loaves...sliced exactly the same way haha (:

In a nutshell.. if you're making tea sandwiches for your next big event holla' at yo girl... I am a certified slicer

No comments:

Post a Comment