Saturday, April 17, 2010

Memories..



Wednesday morning Eddie and I went on a voyage to locate the house where I spent the first 6 years of my life. Over the course of our journey I thought back to a bunch of things that hadn't crossed my mind in what seems like forever.

I remember:

-The day my dad painted our bedroom bright pink because it was our favorite color.

-When my dad taught me how to ride my bike in the breezeway between the house and the garage and how he rescued me after my first big crash.

-How bad my dad was at doing ponytails but how hard he tried.

-When we got chickenpox my mom gave my sister and I oatmeal bathes and rubbed pink lotion all over us so we wouldn't itch.

-My mom practicing her french braiding technique on us and leaving us feeling Asian because she braided so tight.

-My mom reading to us every night and never falling for the "but I'm not tired yet" line.

-Feeding my sister cheerios and milk inside the closet while she pretended to be a cat.

-My mom walking in on my sister and I eating an entire bottle of TUMS.

I could see the formal dining room, the living room, the kitchen, and the pantry we had as if I had lived there a day before. It was cool to see my old house after so many years, and thinking about all these silly little things really made my day better! I was a lucky little kid!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you never forget just how much you are loved & admired! You and your sister have grown to become two VERY FANTABULOUS WOMEN!!!! And I am proud be to called your MeeMaah

    ReplyDelete