Monday, April 5, 2010

Swept Away

When I dropped my car off at the shop this morning it was pouring rain. I had just finished straightening my hair so my goal was to transport all my junk out of the car and into the rental in just one trip.

After throwing three purses over my shoulder and strategically stacking all my books and papers into my arms I grabbed the rental keys and ducked out into the rain. Upon my arrival at the car I noticed the massive mudslide rushing between my vehicle and the sidewalk. I was determined not to drop anything or accidentally step into the water so I very carefully opened the door and leaned into the backseat with all my treasures while remaining safely planted on the sidewalk.

Unfortunately I was so worried about keeping my slippers dry after my laptop and papers were safely secured in the cobalt that my hand temporally stopped working and I dropped my rental keys into the tide. At first all I could do was gasp as I watched the keys (that cost $125 to replace) wash away in the river but as soon as I realized what had happened I was running down the street like as idiot trying to catch a sheet of paper in the wind. Thank god I caught them but they almost passed through an intersection before I did.

It never fails.. I ended up wet anyway, and I nearly had a heart attack. HELLO MONDAY MORNING! :)

1 comment:

  1. Super funny. Sounds like something that would happen to me(:

    ReplyDelete