Saturday, April 17, 2010

Seriously?


After huffin' and puffin' my way up the stairs to the roof of the Cal Poly parking structure I noticed some scrawny kid in a uniform awarding tickets to all those rebellious students without parking permits.

Dude was like a little ticket printing robot, in the few short moments it took me to walk across the roof, over to my car, I watched him ornament a good 5 cars with a citation.

Soon after getting into my car and on my way, I realized I too had one of his envelops on my wind shield. What in the world did I get a ticket for? I JUST paid the ridiculous $97/quarter it costs to park in this lot and let me say now, I'm in no mood to pay another $40

I was disgusted! My feelings of luck and thankfulness for not receiving a tickets quickly vanished and visions of the A&E show parking wars began dancing around in my head! If I had known that little punk had written me a ticket just 5 minutes sooner I would have thrown the entire contents of my 20 Oz. iced tea/lemonade combo all over him and his stupid little ticket printer as I drove past!

Although my parking permit was visibly hanging on my rear view mirror, according to peter parking attendant, it wasn't "fully visible". I realize it's this young mans job to issue tickets all afternoon but the fact that he's giving them to people who OBVIOUSLY don't deserve them makes me a little cranky!

I know the school needs money but this is ridiculous! I will definitely be fighting this ticket, but dang, what a waste of time, effort, and paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment