Sunday, February 28, 2010

For those of you blinded by their cuteness..


Girl Scouts are nothing more then hu$tlers in training.

Yesterday in the pouring rain a posse of girl scouts pitched an easy-up tent directly in front of the entrance to my job! Now I don't deny anyone credit where credit is due so I've got to hand it to them, these little girls and their moms are, in my opinion, sales geniuses!

They strategically place their cookie forts at the front and center of the entrance to every establishment that will allow them to set up shop. While the moms guard the money box and the unsold cookie inventory, a small gang of girl scouts approach their target, batting their innocent little eyes, and speaking in unison: "would you like to buy some girl scout cookies?" During cookie season you can't go to the store, to work, or even sit at home in peace without being propositioned to purchase a box (or two) of cookies. The coldest hearted person alive would find it hard to look straight into these little girls eyes and say NO!

I wonder how cute and sweet the same little girls are when they aren't trying to coax money out of our wallets? I can just picture them running around at home like the little banshees they are with leaves and sticks tangled up in their hair! I KNOW that's what I was doing at their age. Little girls should get to act like little girls, they shouldnt be trained how to sell cookies!

I know these cookies are supposed to fund trips and badges for each troop but of the $4 each box of cookies sells for the troop get about $.50. With an 800% mark up, its no wonder these girls are little fiends for sales! I think its time to renegotiate the contract with their cookies makers!

No comments:

Post a Comment