Sunday, February 7, 2010

Music Therapy

One of my favorite memories of all time was an evening when my best friend Marie called me up and asked me if I felt like going for a drive! Seeing that I wasn't doing a single productive thing other then laying around like a couch potato.. I agreed. She took me on the most perfect adventure (in true Marie fashion).

We had no particular destination. I remember going to the zoo, and almost ending up in Hollywood. We drove across the entire street of Orange Grove thru Pasadena and past the Rose Bowl. We were even in La Canada for a while. The entire time singing songs that reminded us of random times. We were singing at top of our lungs, with everything we had, voices sounding exactly like the real performers (or so we seemed to think). Each songs reminding us of different friends and loves and past times. We talked about so many different things on that drive. We spent hours driving and singing and reminiscing, it was great!

There are not many things that can ease your mind and relieve your tensions the way a good friend or good music can! Most recently (thanks to my sister) I have been singing a lot of Paramore songs... for whatever reason they speak to me in a way that I can not put into words. I can relate almost every song they sing to something that has happened in my life now. I am addicted to singing those songs everyday over and over again... Soon I plan on recording myself singing one of their songs to post here on the blog. Now its just a matter of deciding which favorite song to sing!

No comments:

Post a Comment