Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Captain EO


In 1986 (the year I was born) Micheal Jackson and the people at Disney got together to create a 17 minute, 3D experience for crowds to enjoy at the Disneyland Parks. This past February Disney decided to ditch "Honey I Shrunk The Audience" for an undecided amount of time in order to bring back this quite interesting preference.

While at Disneyland these past couple days, Eddie and I decided to see what was up with all the commotion surrounding the re-opening of the Captain EO show.

Before I give my review I would like to say I have no feelings or opinions about Micheal Jackson as a performer or as a person in general. I cannot make seance of the fact that so many people are obsessed with guy and with this being said I was in a state of disbelief as a listened to the crowd applaud and cheer as MJ popped up onto the screen.

The show was VERY interesting. It started off like an extra cheesy wanna be Star Wars episode and, in true Micheal Jackson fashion, turned into a full on, crotch thrusting all all,music video.

This short movie was literally pulled out of a time capsule. The costumes we totally 80's, it was great! I couldn't stop thinking to myself how different people dress and look here in the 2000's. I was honestly captivated by the sheer ridiculousness of this show.

One thing I would like to warn those of you who haven't seen the show, bring your neck brace! The majority of the 17 minutes is spent being bounced and jolted all over the place! It was like going off-roading in a truck without any shocks. It was very strange because, all the thrashing around was completely irreverent to the storyline and very unnecessary!

I am glad I experienced captain EO, just to say I've been there, done that, but I have no desire to see it again and I will not be buying a t-shirt or collectible baseball cap anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment