Sunday, March 28, 2010

Super Fail

Where shall I begin?

Today after Nana's surprise birthday party Estrella and I spontaneously decided to take a trip to Disneyland. However, before we could begin our journey to Mickey's magic kingdom we needed to pick up Estrella's pass from a friend in Baldwin Park.

After retrieving the pass our re-entry onto the eastbound 10 turned out to be somewhat of a small quest. It seems there are far more westward on ramps in Baldwin Park then eastward, I'm going to guess a good 10 to one ratio. It took us 3 u-turns, 2 long dark roads leading no nothingness, one dead end, and a solid 30 minutes to navigate our way back onto the freeway, which we could see almost the entire time, we just couldn't get on. And to think...this was only the beginning...

Once we were finally off to Disneyland my attempt to merge onto the 57 didn't quite pan out, instead I unknowingly turned onto the 71 interchange. After the freeway ended in what I believe was Chino and we began to see signs making reference to the 60 we realized this was not exactly where we wanted to be. To recover from my misdirection I attempted to get off the freeway and head back the direction from which we had just come. Much to my dismay instead of getting back on the the 71 in the opposite direction, I got onto the 60 going.. I'm still not sure where.

After another 20 or so minutes we decided we were even more far off the beaten track then we had been thus far. Nothing looked familiar and it occurred to us just how far off we were when signs noting Riverside and the Ontario airport were breezing by our windows. How in the world did I manage to get us this lost? After a few unanswered calls to people I thought could help,including one to my mommy, we stopped at a Farmer Boy's next to some truck stop to figure out where exactly we had ended up. Thanks to some tips from one of their lovely associates we were soon on our way home... Disneyland at this point was out of the question.

Once we were finally going the right way my gas light turned on. I was so scared to get off the freeway for fear we'd be lost or unable to get back on a homeward bound path that I just let it ride until I recognized where we were. Millikan Ave was our exit of choice and at the beautiful Mobile gas station just off the freeway Estrella bought me an old school kool-ade to drink away my disappointment and worries. Although I did have a moment of childhood reminiscence my excitement quickly vanished into the wind when I thought I had misplaced the credit card I'd just purchased gas with. After a spastic scramble to find the card we were FINALLY on our way home.


All I can say is that this trip was a complete fail and a total disaster.. Thank god I got lost with someone with a good sense of humor because, we spent about two hours driving up, down, and all around. We never got anywhere near Disneyland and poor Estrella probably thinks her brother bagged himself the biggest idiot he could find. OHH MY am I embarrassed! I truly have no sense of direction

We are going to try going back to Disneyland on Wednesday.. but you can all rest assured, I will not be the driver. I'm not even allowed to talk!

Phew what an adventure....

No comments:

Post a Comment